IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Please Review The Below Before Continuing:
The National Softball Association is CHANGING THE WAY ADULT TEAMS SANCTION AND ASSIGN PLAYERS. If you are intending to sanction a 2014 Adult team, it is important that you understand the changes we are making. New for Adult 2014 Teams:
- Adult classifications have changed for 2013 and 2014. Please contact your state director or the home office for details about the new classification system.
- Adult coaches will NO LONGER ADD PLAYERS. Instead, players are being encouraged to register with the Play NSA system (have your players go to http://www.playnsa.com/Player/PlayerNumberRegistration.aspx to register themselves and have a player number assigned.
- Adult coaches will INVITE players to join their team. Coaches will need to know the player registration number (very similar to a team sanction number) for each player they want to invite to join their team.
- Players may choose to ACCEPT or DECLINE an invitation to join a team. If a player accepts an invitation, they are AUTOMATICALLY added to the team's roster. If a player declines an invitation to join, the team's roster space is unaffected.
- NSA hopes that the above changes will make the process easier for coaches to manage their rosters without having to constantly track down player information and/or make edits to a team's roster.